What is Tajdīd:
Tajdīd is a holistic Qur’ān Academy that focuses on memorizing and retaining the Qur’ān, understanding and ultimately personifying it in its pristine, just and loving form.
Where are we:
Tajdīd is based at Stegman Road Mousque Precinct, Claremont, Cape Town and operates from 07:00 to 14:00 pm from Monday to Friday.
What we do:
Tajdīd exists to facilitate the memorization and retention of the Qur’ān whilst understanding and living it.
The study of the Qur`ān:
- Guides to that which is most upright in this world as well as the next
- Develops memorization and retentive capacity
- Develops Grammar, dialectic and rhetoric facilitated by the Arabic language as a medium
- Develops a strong moral code with the Qur`ān as the guide
Why are we so effective?
- Our teachers are selected for their integrity, goodwill and role model capacities
- Our teaching is infused with love and goodwill
- We are radical about not stymieing the individuality of our learners and do not take the one size fits all approach
- We employ sound, effective and flexible pedagogical tools
- Small interactive classes; we scale our impact as opposed to “growing”